Let’s face it, you’re out of shape, which is why you’re here. And really, that’s just fine. Many of us are out of shape and need to get back into it. Everyday, we see fit people working out and getting their exercise, whether it’s on TV and in magazines, or in everyday society. What’s important to remember is one, everyone has a different body type with different issues, and two, what you see in the magazines isn’t always healthy. One of the infamous things you see magazines littered with are thigh gaps.
Why is this a problem?
Oftentimes, these thigh gaps on the models that grace the pages of magazines are photoshopped in. Meaning that your goals for getting in shape should be focused on getting healthy, not skinny. Fit is much sexier than sickly, and working for an unattainable thigh gap could pose health risks and take a toll on your weight loss efforts.
Another reason that thigh gap should not be your goal is because your personal trainer is looking to make you a physically strong individual. Thigh gap is actually associated with eating disorders and body dysmorphia, which goes beyond your physical health, and it affects your mental health in a negative way.
For some people, thigh gap will come with the growth of muscle, simply because they are losing weight, but they also have the body type and bone structure that allows for it to exist naturally and healthily. It should also be understood that even overweight people can have a thigh gap, but again, it has a lot to do with body type.
Instead of setting a goal to get skinny and attain a thigh gap, perhaps set a goal for strong, toned legs. Not only will you be much healthier, but your goals are more likely to be achieved. When you work with a personal trainer in Atlanta, they’ll help you to set realistic and healthy goals that will help you earn a body that’s strong, fit, and sexy. If you work hard, your personal training will be a success, and you won’t be worried about thigh gap any longer.
If you are interested in working with a fitness trainer on creating a weight loss plan, call the professionals at Midtown Trainers. They have the skill, certification, and knowledge to help you set healthy weight loss goals, but can also create a nutrition plan that will help you to achieve the strong and healthy body you once had.
Throughout the years, you may have watched the quality of your health decrease. Whether it’s because of having children, past surgeries, or other life events that tend to take a toll on our health, it goes without saying that you’re not in the same shape you once were. As we age, we get this idea that, because our bodies are already deteriorating, there’s no point in trying to work out and eat healthy. Not only is this detrimental to your health, but it’s not true. In fact, working with a personal trainer can help to pull you away from this mindset and into a healthy body and mind.
Personal training is a great way to change your life and revamp your health. Because you have created bad habits in the past, it’s important that you’re diligent in combatting those habits, so as not to sabotage your fitness training efforts. Here are some things you might be doing to sabotage your efforts.
- Holding onto negativity – You have thought for long enough that you couldn’t change your ways, let alone your body. It’s important that you remove these thoughts from your head, so you can continue training with a positive mindset. Not only that, negative thoughts can cause stress, which leads to weight gain.
- Snacking – Because snacks tend to be high in salt or sugar, it’s generally not a good habit to have. Instead of snacking between meals, try drinking lemon water, it helps to curb appetite, while also keeping you hydrated
- Unearned Cheat Days – Cheat days are necessary, however, they must be earned. The only reason you should indulge in a cheat day is if you have reached a stepping stone in your weight loss goals. Think of a cheat day as a reward, not a necessity.
- Drinking – If you’re making weight loss efforts to the point of hiring a fitness trainer, you should make the effort to drink less. Limit yourself to one night of drinking per week, and avoid doing so in excess. When you do drink, choose drinks with a low-calorie count to help yourself out, and most importantly, drink water in between drinks.
When working with a personal trainer in Atlanta, it’s important to make sure that you’re not sabotaging your efforts or wasting the time of your personal trainer. While they may have all of the tools to help you with your weight loss program, it’s a change that is left ultimately in your hands. If you’re interested in working with a personal trainer in Atlanta, contact us here at Midtown Trainers.
WELCOME BACK TO THE MIDTOWN FITNESS TRAINING BLOG
In our last blog we talked about the best ways to prevent your body from experiencing severe DOMS, or delayed onset muscle soreness. While muscle soreness is inevitable, it’s also a sign that all the hard work you’re putting into your personal training and weight loss plan, is working. If you’re not sore, then you’re not doing it right. We want to encourage you to embrace the muscle soreness, so long as you’re practicing good preventive measures as well.
WHY WOULD I EMBRACE PAIN FROM FITNESS TRAINING?
Because without pain, there is no gain. Literally, the pain you’re experiencing in your muscles is actually a good thing. Your muscles are swollen with strength, and it’s a beautiful thing. Not only that, it means you’re actually getting stronger, so as sore as you are, you MUST keep going. It’s vital to your growth, and to the success of your personal training and weight loss program.
Eventually your muscles soreness will subside, however, it will come back. Why? Because you’re working hard to lose weight and build muscle. As you work through the pain, and put yourself outside of your comfort zone, you’ll begin to see results and all the pain and stiffness will be worth it.
So when we say, embrace the soreness, we mean to say that you should face the pain of the workout with a fierce, can do attitude, and the soreness will not only decrease, but after a while it won’t even faze you. Continue working with your personal trainer on your weight loss plan and get the body you’ve always dreamed of.
As you set out on your journey to become the best version of yourself through exercise and fitness training, it will be essential to set goals. As you search for a personal trainer that will help you attain your goals, you’ll want to come into the relationship with some goals already in mind, but understand that your personal trainer is going to adjust them a bit. Here are some tips to keep in mind when setting your weight loss plan and fitness goals.
Goal Setting Is Your First Step
- Ask yourself where you want to be in one month, three months, six months, a year? Where do you see yourself, in fitness terms?
- Be realistic – Oftentimes, clients come in and tell us that they want to lose 40 pounds in one month. Not only is that not realistic, but it’s unhealthy to lose weight at that rate.
- Your personal trainer will assess your current body weight and fat, as well as your current exercise performance ability. Knowing where you currently stand will help to make your fitness plan of attack.
- Are You Ready To Commit? – Many clients come in with a mind set to lose weight and inches in a matter of weeks, and when it doesn’t happen for them, they tend to bow out of their personal training. Ask yourself if you’re willing to fail before you succeed. Your personal trainer will give you all the tools to find success in your goals, but you have to amp up your attitude and effort with every single session.
Getting in shape and losing weight is difficult, and it should be. But the level of difficulty in a task should never deter you from achieving your goal. Face your adversity in every exercise that comes your way, and you’ll begin to see results. Once you’ve reached the goals you and your personal trainer set, you’ll not be in the best shape of your life, but you’ll be proud of your efforts. Don’t hesitate any longer to work with the personal trainers at Midtown Trainers. Contact us today and we’ll start working towards your fitness training goals.
Getting the most out of your workout plan means putting in time outside of the gym, and when you’re working with a personal trainer, they’ll make it abundantly clear that the time in the gym is only half of the work. There is so much that you should be doing for yourself on a daily basis that will help you reach your personal training goals faster. Here are some tips for enhancing your personal training sessions.
- Mental Training – Adding mental training to your personal training regimen will help you to face your struggles head on, with a strong mind set. You can only do as much as your mentality will allow, and mind over matter will certainly come into play.
- Pre-Workout – Taking a pre-workout supplement will also help give you that extra boost to push through hard times in your workout, and will help your muscles go that extra distance to get better and stronger.
- Proper Nutrition – If you’re working with a personal trainer, then you already know this. In fact, your personal trainer should have created a weight loss plan that coincides with your workout plan, so that you’re giving your body the proper nutrients it needs to build muscle and get stronger.
When it come to enhancing your work personal training, there are many other things you can be doing. Take the time to put in effort outside of the gym and you can bet that your results will be much more dramatic, and well worth it. Not only will you feel good about yourself because of the changes you’ve made, but you’ll be proud of yourself for going into your fitness training with 100% effort.
CREATING A NEW WEIGHT-LOSS PLAN FOR THE NEW YEAR
Just like many others, you have decided to get a gym membership this new year. It’s a new year, so you’ve resolved to get in shape so that you can not only feel better, but you can live better. However, like many of those around you at the gym, you are struggling to stay on track and it’s been difficult for you to stay motivated. Whether it’s the commitment you’re making or the lack of results, you’re struggling to keep your eyes on the prize. When your struggle becomes greater than your motivation, failure to reach your goals becomes more of a reality.
So what now? Where do you go from here?
WORK WITH A PERSONAL TRAINER
You create a new plan for reaching the same goals, and one great way to switch it up and commit is to hire a personal trainer. Think about it.
You’ve been struggling to stay on track and stay committed to your goals, so what better way to combat that than with a personal trainer? You’re ready to get the most out of every workout, but you don’t know how. This is where fitness training can help you.
Working with a personal trainer can help you to get in shape, but you’ll also get to learn the proper techniques, grow, and gain insight into nutrition and how to properly fuel your body.
Every day that you pursue your goal of getting in shape you could inadvertently be holding yourself back by not pushing yourself hard enough, by not targeting the right muscles, or using improper form. A personal trainer can help you learn the proper techniques for training in both the mental and physical aspects. The knowledge our personal trainers have regarding health and fitness is abundant, so you can rest assured that you’re in the right hands.
Beyond that, you can think of a personal trainer as your own cheerleader. Each day that you’re putting in an effort to reach your goal, they’re right there beside you. Your personal trainer will push you to new heights, all while teaching you how to say you can. Positive reinforcement is a powerful tool for gaining success in your weight loss plan.
So as you work to get ready for spring break or want to get that summer body by the time bikini season rolls around, make sure to push yourself. If you find yourself struggling to commit to your goals, then consider hiring a personal trainer. With the one on one training at Midtown Trainers, you can look forward to strength training, cardio-active workouts, and nutrition as a part of your weight loss plan. Our trainers are dedicated to our clients, and they look forward to helping people reach their goals for a healthier, fitter bodies every day. Get the most out every workout and you will feel your amazing transformation. All it takes is giving yourself the opportunity to progress and making a call to Midtown Trainers in Atlanta. Give us a call to get fulfill your New Year’s resolution with our personal training.