With the number of overweight and obese Americans increasing each year, you’re probably concerned to either maintain your current weight or to accomplish a weight loss goal. Our daily lives are busier than ever, and this can make it difficult to be successful with weight maintenance and achieving weight loss goals. In today’s blog, we’ll provide you with a few tips that can help you achieve your weight loss goals. Midtown Trainers is proud to provide Atlanta residents with Top-Rated Local® fitness services, and we offer free JumpStart sessions for newcomers.
No matter how intense your workouts may be, you simply can’t outrun your fork. However, learning which foods to avoid and which foods to eat more frequently is incredibly challenging for many Americans. With all of the contradictory information available on the internet, in popular magazines, and on TV, it’s no wonder that so many Americans have thrown their hands up in frustration and have given up entirely on improving their diets.
If you’re trying to lose weight, your nutrition is a cornerstone of your success. At Midtown Trainers, we can help you develop a diet plan that provides you with the macronutrients and calories you need in order to see results. We’ll provide you with information that debunks the nutrition myths you’ve probably heard, and our nutrition programs will help you kickstart your metabolism. Our custom meal plans can be created for two weeks or up to two months, depending on your preferences.
Invest in a Personal Trainer
While this point may seem obvious, it’s incredibly important and worth reiterating. Investing in a personal trainer is one of the best decisions that you can make for yourself as you begin your weight loss journey. If it’s been a while since your last visit to the gym, or if you’re uncomfortable working out in front of large groups of people, hiring a personal trainer can provide you with the help you need to be successful. Moreover, one of the biggest reasons that people abandon their weight loss goals shortly after beginning them is that they’re not seeing results. When you hire a personal trainer, you’ll be given a personalized plan that will challenge you in a way that delivers results.
Drink More Water
Staying hydrated is vital to your overall health, but it’s particularly important for those who are attempting to lose weight. We often confuse our thirst with hunger, and by keeping your body hydrated throughout the day, you may find that you snack less often. Drinking more water throughout the day will likely keep you feeling full, and this can even help you eat less during meals.
We hope that these tips will help you to be successful as you progress through your weight loss journey. If you’re considering investing in personal training, don’t hesitate to contact our Top-Rated Local® personal trainers for assistance! Our personal trainers can help you come up with an individualized plan to lose weight, build muscle, and obtain lasting results. Get in touch with our fitness center today to schedule your free one-on-one personal training session!
Getting in shape is quite a bit of work, whether you’re in the gym or not. Getting physically fit is a serious commitment, which means you’re going all in, with 100% positivity. A part of going 100% in everything you do for your weight loss, is having proper nutrition. Making sure your body is well fed, is an integral part of getting in shape. They say it’s actually more effective than what you do in the gym. What you eat is what you are, so make sure that your food is matching up with your new found love for fitness training. When you think about the most effective ways to get in shape, how is it that nutrition is that important?
It’s important for a multitude of reasons, including
- Fuel – Your body needs something to burn, otherwise it will burn all of that muscle you are sweating to get. Make sure you’re feeding your muscles!
- Fat Burning – Many of the foods out there contain fat burning elements. Super foods like spinach and acai are great for getting in shape, and taste wonderful in a smoothie!
- Muscle Building – In order for muscles to grow, they need the proper elements. The vitamins and nutrients that can be found in healthy foods are exactly what your body needs to continue building muscle and tone.
Getting in shape feels amazing, especially if you’re eating right. If you’re looking to change up your fitness training, or want to create a new weight loss plan, contact the personal trainers at Midtown Trainers, and get signed up for a consultation today!
Welcome back! In our last blog, we told you about the top three of ten mistakes that people make in their fitness training. Executing a weight loss plan is not easy. From the effort you put into each rep of every workout, to the meal planning and nutrition, it requires hard work. We’ll continue to tell you about the many mistakes that one can make when getting back into shape.
- Rushing – Many people rush through their reps when first getting back in the gym. Not only does this show that you’re not challenging yourself, but it shows a lack of dedication. Your reps should be done slowly, because it should be hard. You should also be taking your time with your reps to avoid injury.
- Leaning – We see this happen all the time. People working out on cardio machines begin to lean and hang onto the rails on the machine. This is completely ineffective for a workout.
- Skipping, Or Passing Up Ab Workouts – This is a huge mistake, While it may be one of the most difficult aspects of your workout, it’s also the most rewarding. Strengthening your core not only looks great, but feels great. Every other bit of exercise you do will be that much more effective when you have a strong core. We recommend that you avoid ab machines, as you tend to use your head, neck and shoulders, more than your core for those.
When working towards weight loss, it’s important that you fully commit. Do your research before every workout, or ask a personal trainer. Stay tuned to our next blog about even more mistakes people make in their fitness training.
So you’ve begun fitness training. Whether you’ve signed up for a 5K, or even an obstacle course, or are just trying to get into shape, the point is you want to make your body better. When working with a personal trainer, you want to make sure you’re putting in as much effort outside of your sessions, as you are at your sessions. But what does that mean? Getting enough rest? Yes, but there’s so much more to it than that. Here are some ways to keep your body happy while feeling extremely sore.
- Stretch – If you’re working with a personal trainer, your workout won’t begin without stretching, but if you’re working out by yourself, you might forget this extremely important aspect, and jump right into your workout. Not only will your body be upset with you for this, but it will come back with a vengeance, causing you even more pain, and possibly injury.
- Proper Nutrition – Again, if you have a personal trainer, they will have already set out a plan for you. But if you’re going it alone, it’s important that you’re giving your body fuel for fire. The food you intake will not only help lead you to success, but it will play an integral part in how you feel, and more importantly, your muscle building.
While there are many things that you should be doing to take care of your body, working out or not, it’s especially important for when you are in the midst of a weight loss plan. The food you eat will play just as much of a role, if not more, as the workouts you are doing. Your pre, and post workout regimen are important for making your body feel it’s best. Stay tuned for our next blog for more tips on your wellness.